This is actually a paradoxical question, often known as the "two envelopes" or "prediction paradox". Here's why: If we assume that the answer options are equiprobable (each has an equal chance of being picked at random), then the chance of picking any given answer would be 25%. However, two options state that the answer is 25%, which could make you think that there's a 50% chance of correctly guessing (since there are two 25% options). But then, if the chance is indeed 50%, the correct answer should be 50%, but there's only one option indicating 50%, which means that if you select at random, there's only a 25% chance of getting 50%. So the answer continually flips between 25% and 50%, which makes the question paradoxical. Therefore, it doesn't have a definitive, logical answer.


 

Comments

Translate

Popular posts from this blog

You visited a heritage site with your classmates and teachers. Describe what you saw and learned from your visit.

Imagine that you were all alone at home on a winter night. Suddenly there was thunder, lightning and heavy rain. There was no electricity, and the inverter in your house stopped working. Narrate how you felt and what you did at that time.

The Person who greeted everyone

“Every person must have some skill in life.” Describe an important skill that you are learning, giving the various advantages that will accrue to you after learning it.

The Unseen Burden: Kabir's Journey Through Loss and Redemption Part 1

What type of friend would you like to have, someone who is rich, someone who is helpful or someone who is reliable? Describe which are the characteristics that are most important for you and why?

“Prayer does not change things. It changes people and people change things.” What do you think about the saying? Describe an incident from your personal experience to prove your point.

ED seizes property worth Rs 750 Crore linked to Congress leaders

MayankVikash.in Description - Unveiling Perspectives, Empowering Minds

Reflecting at my life: Everything Bad about me